At Stanley Black & Decker, we are committed to transparent reporting of our environment, health and safety results.
Using 2015 as a baseline, we set five-year targets to reduce adverse impacts on our people and our planet while improving the sustainability of our products.
YEAR 2020 TARGETS
RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
SAFETY INJURY / ILLNESS RATES
(1) For each year results reflect 100% of current company business structure and applicable discontinued operations.
(2) Energy intensity in kilo British thermal units demand per work hour; CO2e carbon dioxide equivalents intensity in metric tonne emissions per thousand work hours. Both bar-pie chart pair reflect stationary Scope 1 plus Scope 2.
(3) Water intensity in withdrawal gallons per work hour.
(4) Waste intensity in total generation pounds per work hour.
(5) Total recordable rate and Lost time rate = # of applicable incidents per 100 employees per year.
(6) CDP and RobecoSAM scoring from SBD annual submission to these sustainability transparency initiatives.
(7) Percentage of factories and distribution centers certified to applicable EHS/Sustainability management system standards in that reporting year.